Saturday, February 13, 2016

I Suck At Being Southern (and I'm feeling' fine)

Like many ladies, I have always longed to fit in. To be part of a group of friends that everyone wanted to be friends with. To always have cute outfits that were complimented. To have a cool talent that would make people jealous. And here I am, a new momma, with my favorite yoga pants on, watching HGTV and eating frozen pancakes and I'd like to let everyone know.. I suck at being Southern. I hate chevron patterned anything, I find burlap disgusting, I am anything but quiet, I have never and will never own a pair of Chacos, I am Judith March and Tory Burch's worst nightmare...and I'm fine. I don't like sweet tea, I think collards smell funny, and my ideal house does not have anything rusty or distressed in it. But guess what, I'm fine. I have a beautiful son who looks perfect in non smocked clothing. I have friends who don't care that I don't wear the "super comfy" chaos that they do. I have a God who doesn't think that exclusively chevron equals Sunday morning clothes. I'm fine. I'm happy. And I'm apart of a church who compliments my floral kimono and sam and libby flats on sunday morning. To the girl who sucks at being southern. I feel you. Lets go to Target.

Truly,
Darby

No comments:

Post a Comment